Marketing: 10 Ways to Engage
Engaging your audience through Online salon marketing for your YouTube videos is important for high search rankings. The longer someone stays tuned into your channel the better it is for your salon business.
The beauty of YouTube is that unlike television people/your audience can talk back, be heard and get answers. It is truly a social media that involves at minimum a two party dialogue. You speak – they listen; they respond – you listen, you respond – they listen and so on the wheels keep turning.
Allowing your viewers and subscribers to be apart of your show connects them to you. They also see you as a real life human being like them – sharing their same struggles, joys, frustrations and happiness.
The art of engaging is key. Below are ten (10) ways to engage your audience so that your online salon marketing videos will stay at the top of the radar.
What does it mean to engage?
According to dictionary.com, en·gage/enˈgāj/ means
- Occupy, attract, or involve (someone’s interest or attention).
- Cause someone to become involved in (a conversation or discussion).
So as you can see to engage is a conversation. Always think, “how do I get a response, feedback or comment from this…..”
1. Ask a Question in your video to your audience
2. Respond to Comments left by your viewers. They want to know what you think or know that you really exist. If someone leaves a nice comment simply respond Thank You……
3. Answer Questions left by your viewers through blogs and comments. I actually think responding back to your viewers via video response is pretty cool and they will appreciate the fact you took the time.
4. Respond to Comments Quickly especially if its a new uploaded video. The more comments people see when they are browsing videos the more likely they are to click and watch and click on another salon marketing video. FYI – quickly means within a few hours
5. Ask your viewers for ideas in your video of what to talk about.
6. Feature your viewers in your video. Make them appear like a STAR and they will have you forever. You can even add criteria for your viewers in order for them to being featured. Example: If they subscribe to your channel or subscribe to your Facebook Page they will be featured.
7. Create Viewer Comment Videos where you respond to different questions or suggestions given by your viewers. I suggest giving them a shout out by mentioning their YouTube name or channel.
8. Make announcements to your Fans or Subscribers through the YouTube Bulletin.
9. Reward your Fans/Viewers with more than just a shout out in your videos. Maybe its T-shirt or an Exclusive video packed with information that they only get because they are a loyal Fan.
10. Ask effortlessly in your videos for your viewers to subscribe to your channel or like this video.
To Your Success,